Tourist attractions in Liverpool
There are a lot of tourist attractions in Liverpool which are important from the perspective of history, culture, art and literature, music and drama, entertainment and leisure, adventure and action, Sci-fi and technology, and a vast range of other themes. Coverage of all the places is certainly not possible in one or two days. So, you have to plan your itinerary, depending on the number of days you have. You can find many tourist operators who can give you the detailed itinerary and the transportation facilities information.
Key Attractions of Liverpool
- Western Approaches HQ: It is the place where you can virtually experience World War II through the remnants of the bunker, military artillery, and the other memoirs. The bomb and gas proof bunker has 100 rooms and cover area of 50,000 Square Feet. The roof thickness is 7 feet.
- Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre: The tunnel was created by Joseph Williamson in the early 19th You can take a guided tour of these crisscrossing tunnels which lasts about an hour. The tunnel is in Edge hall with 70 feet long and 25 feet wide rooms. You can find all the remnants of sandstone blocks, plates and others in the tunnel.
- Walker Art Gallery: If you want to find the timeless collections of art and sculpture, paintings and other heritage objects of UK and Europe, Walker art gallery is the right place for you. Henry Moore artworks are a visual treat for art lovers. Some of them are the reclining figure, standing figure, spindle piece, mother and child and figure in a shelter.
- Tate Liverpool: Tate Liverpool has a large collection of modern art pieces from all over the UK and Europe. You can find the works of Picasso, Rene Magritte and Claude Monet in the display.
- Knowsley Safari: If you love adventure with freely roaming wild animals, Knowsley Safari is the right place. The journey will take you very close to the natural habitats of lions, tigers, rhinos, sea lions, monkeys, camels, wild buffaloes and plenty of others. It is a special attraction for your children.
- Liverpool Wheel: If you want plenty of action with thrill and entertainment, Liverpool Wheel is the right place. You can literally get the birds’ view of entire Liverpool and Mersey.
- Mersey Tunnel Tour: If you want to explore the underground world of Liverpool, it is the right tour you have to take. You can see the giant ventilation fans, emergency escape routes, large underground control rooms and long tunnels are the attractions of this tour. The tunnels have numerous sections. You can choose the ones after consulting the tour operators here.
- Chinese Arch: The oldest community of Chinese live in the China Town for which Chinese Arch is the centre of attraction. It is a beautiful place with Chinese art, architecture, sculpture, culture and of course the people. You can find all the relics that represent the Chinese history that goes back in time before the other civilizations were just taking shape when Chinese civilization was flourishing.